Welcome New Chapter Presidents! We hope your year ahead will be a great leadership experience. As the RSO, we are here to support your efforts and will be happy to provide assistance with whatever you may need. Some questions we frequently receive include:
What sort of events should I have?
- Skills labs – Ultrasound, suturing, intubation, c-spine and backboarding, EKG
- Guest speakers – local EM docs, recently matched 4th years, EM residents, EMS Directors, Program Directors, ACOEP-RSO members
- Team building – paintballing, river tubing, camping, obstacle courses
- Events – Provide First Aid at local events in conjunction with local EMS, set up a table at a community event and help provide education
- Dinner & a Movie – show an EM-based movie like 24/7/365 and serve food
Regional Chapter Guidelines
The Goals of the ACOEP-RSO are to:
- Develop and deliver knowledge
- Involve members at all levels of practice
- Enhance awareness of the College and emergency medicine
- Advocate for the patient, members, and the College
- Maintain a powerful national College
To Establish Initial Recognition::
- Letter of support from your medical school, signed by the Dean
- Official name – ACOEP-RSO of medical school
- Named Formation of the Board
- Dues Structure (if applicable)
- Name of the college officer charged with receipt of reimbursement and receipt of notifications
- To apply for membership, each medical school must have a minimum of 20 registered ACOEP members. Individual members are always welcome, however in order to receive reimbursement and a voting seat in the RSO Congress the above requirements must be met.
- Submit all documentation to our RSO Coordinator Lindsey Roden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Lindsey Roden for additional information or questions regarding establishing your new regional club with the ACOEP RSO.
Maintenance of Recognition:
- Host at least one conference call or in-person visit from an ACOEP-RSO approved speaker.
- Submit Club of the Year Form with documentation supporting each event hosted to retain maintenance requirements as well as be provided Scientific Assembly EM Club stipend.
- Conduct one community service or outreach activity. Must tag ACOEP Resident Student Organization on Facebook, Twitter @acoeprso, or Instagram @acoep.rso in order to be eligible for points for these events.
- Hold a minimum of 4 EM club meetings (including labs, lectures, and gatherings)
- Submit the names and contact information of all club members at the beginning of the academic year
- Submit the names, positions, and contact information of all club officers at the beginning of the year